Saturday, October 18, 2008

Straight Into Darkness by Faye Kellerman



I just finished a new mystery/historical novel by Faye Kellerman. It is a mystery novel that takes place between World War I and World War II in Munich, Germany. The book is about an Inspector who is trying to solve a murder but each time he gets closer to finding the murderer, another murder occurs. I have read all of the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus mystery novels by Faye Kellerman and I knew she wrote other types of mystery and historical novels but I did not think I would like them. However, this book was really interesting to me because I know all about World War II and how it started and I have read many books on the holocause but I have never read a fiction novel that takes place between World War I and II.

Straight Into Darkness
puts a different spin on Germany and World War I and the development of World War II. I kept wanting to read the book more and more because I wanted to know the new developments Inspector Axel Berg discovered. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery with a historical twist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear DSS, "Straight Into Darkness" sounds fascinating. I like WWII books as well. After the amazing non-fiction I've read lately, I'm up for a truly memorable fiction read. Thanks for the recommendation. Might I borrow it from you, say this Sunday? btw, I highly recommend "John Adams" by David McCullough and "Team of Rivals: the political genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris Goodwin Kearns (or is it Kearns Goodwin?).

dss said...

Thanks for the recommendations Denise. I would have loved to lend you the book this Sunday but I just got the post just now. I am actually in the middle of reading the biography of Abigal Adams. It is somewhat interesting but it is not a style that I am used to reading. It is more of an infortmational style.