Saturday, April 4, 2009

Harpers Ferry
















It has been a few months since I last posted but I wanted to share a beautiful experience I had today. I went to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia for the first time. What made it so special was walking through an old town on a beautiful day looking through small shops filled with jewelry, homemade ice cream and souvenirs. Another thing that made it so special was walking around the C & O Canal on a clear day. I went with my boyfriend and we saw this old, white abandoned house that we climbed to get to. I discovered that walking through nature caused us to find out different things that we otherwise would not have known about each other. I really enjoyed walking through nature and hearing the soft sounds of the river. It was also nice to take pictures of the pretty views. We walked on a bridge overlooking the river and parallel to the bridge were railroad tracks. We had the wind blowing in our faces and there was a pretty view of the river. This experience was really nice because it allowed me to step back from my busy life and appreciate my surrondings. When I walked through nature today it provided me with a sense of calm and purpose to my life.

2 comments:

Matt said...

It's really good to get away once in a while. Nice post on Harpers Ferry.

dss said...

Thanks. I posted more pictures. You should check them out.