Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hair Today Gone Tommorow





























Yesterday, I got a haircut but not just any haircut. I got a haircut in order to donate my hair to Pantene Pro V. Pantene Pro V is a shampoo company but they are also an organization that accepts hair donations. The donated hair is then made into wigs and given to people with cancer or other diseases that cause people to lose their hair.

I have wanted to donate my hair for a long time because my mother had lung cancer and I remember what it was like for her when she was loosing her hair from chemotherapy. I remember when she went shopping for wigs and how hard it was for her to loose her hair. I really admired her courage, bravery and positive attitude throughout it all and I wanted to do something personal to honor her memory. After I got my haircut, I felt so happy and satisfied that I was giving back to the community in this way. One thing I learned from watching my mother go through cancer is to appreciate the little things in life because life is very precious. Another thing I realized is you have to figure out what you believe in and what you want out of life and you cannot be afraid to follow your dreams.

1 comment:

Matthew Wolf said...

You did a great thing and you look great. It's a win win situation!