Friday, September 19, 2008

Reflections Of This Past Week

Most of my blog posts are about books, magazines and other general, important lessons I have learned along the way but I wanted to write this blog about a personal lesson I learned this week. A lot has happened to me personally this week and it has been hard to deal with at times. As a result, I was not always there for my friends and family as I should have been. Every time I was not as nice as I should have been to the people in my life I regretted the way I acted right afterward. Tonight, I started the Sabbath by lighting the candles and having a really nice Shabbat meal with my boyfriend. I realized during the beautiful Sabbath meal that no matter what happens in my life, good, bad or stressful, I am so lucky to have my friends and family who love and care for me. They are there for me without judgement through good and bad times and the Sabbath is a time that I reflect on my life and my past week and realize that I am lucky to have such a great job and great friends and family who are there for me always.

One thing I am going to try my utmost hardest to work on is being more positive within myself and to others as well. Since Rosh Hashana, the Jewish new year, is coming up I am really going to try and use this holiday as an opportunity to better myself by being a more upbeat and positive person because no matter what happens in life if I put a positive spin on something I will be happier and less stressed in my life.

No comments: