Friday, September 5, 2008

A New Insight Into Children


It has been a while since my last blog post but that is because I recently started my first full time job working with preschool children at a day care center. It has been an amazing experience. I have been working with children part time since I was in high school but working full time with children is very different. Working in one preschool class every day has really opened my eyes to how children interact with others and how the see the world in general. Also, when working in a class with toddlers full time it allows me to connect with them on a personal level. Every day I learn new things about each child in my classroom. Also, every day I am learning various techniques through my hands on experience on how to interact with and teach toddlers.

Things I Have Learned When Working With Toddlers
1. Always talk to them in a friendly and kindly manner
2. Each child is an amazing young person and each one views the world in a unique manner
3. Every day is a unique experience and toddlers want to learn all they can about the world
4. When teaching toddlers always remember to have fun with them
5. As an assistant teacher, I am helping them form the foundational knowledge that will carry them through their future lives

No comments: