Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sex and the City Revisited


I am almost done reading the book Sex and the City and I find the book really interesting. It was this book that sparked the TV show "Sex and the City." The book talks a lot about how hard it is for women to find the perfect guy to make the perfect life with. The author, Candace Bushnell, writes about her friends struggles with their intimate relationships. One of her friends, Carrie, is dating this guy Mr. Big and she is constantly unsure of their relationship and where it is going. Carrie often finds it hard to believe that women can find the right guy and marry them. She does not know if Mr. Big is the right guy for her and if she wants to get married to him. She likes being in a relationship with him on one hand but on the other hand she enjoys being single and the freedom that goes along with that.

In one part of the book, Carrie and her friend Samantha are at a party and they see this woman who married the perfect husband and they are both wondering how this woman can meet the perfect guy and then go on to have the perfect family and life.

I think this book brings out a lot of good points about women in relationships with men. I think there are many women out there who struggle in and out of relationships and are constantly wondering when they are going to find the perfect guy and when they find that guy how will they know whether or not to take it to the next level. I believe a woman should learn to be independent and happy with herself before she can take a relationship to the next level. I also wonder how some people are able to know at a young age that they have found the right person and want to marry them. I think that every relationship is different but it is important for women in intimate relationships to find that balance of being independent as well as sharing your life and being with another person. I think finding this balance can take time and I am always wondering how people can find that balance of independence and marriage at a young age. I am happy for these people but I want to know how they do it.

1 comment:

Matthew Wolf said...

I mist say, this movie was pretty funny regardless of the 'chick flick' status many classify it as.