Monday, July 21, 2008

A New Book by Nicholas Sparks


I just started a new book called Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I started it yesterday and I am already halfway through. The book is amazing. It is about a man named John Tyree who lives with his father in a small town in North Carolina and it is all about his life journey and how he meets this beautiful woman who helps him through it. While I have not finished the book I would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to relax and imagine themselves in a different place. Nicholas Sparks causes his readers to journey to a different place and identify with his characters. The book starts in the year 2000 and ends in 2006. Even if you cannot relate to the main characters you can still identify with their struggles. I really felt John's struggle to find something to do with his life that would make his life meaningful is something everyone, myself included, can relate to. I felt myself turning the pages wanting to know what happens next.

I highly recommend reading Dear John or any other one of Nicholas Sparks' books. His other books include The Notebook, The Wedding, Message in a bottle, A Walk to Remember, A Night in Rodanthe and many others. While each book has a different storyline, all his books take place in small towns in North Carolina and they are generally about familial and couple relationships.

Interesting Fact: Nicholas Sparks lives in North Carolina with his wife and kids and many of his books have been made into excellent movies on the big screen.

No comments: