Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First Blog Post

For my first blog post let me start by giving you an idea of the types of books and magazines I generally read. I love reading mystery novels, fiction novels that incorporate religion as well as general fiction, and romance novels. Some of my favorite authors are Nicholas Sparks, Anita Shreve, Fern Michaels, Dan Brown, Faye Kellerman and Naomi Ragen.

I also subscribe to Cosmopolitan Magazine and I actually read it cover to cover because it gives good relationship and friendship advice. It also is fun to read because it gives good advice about makeup and fashion which is useful. I know some people think that Cosmopolitan is superficial but if you take the time to read the articles you will find really useful advice for women. Also, for the men out there-there are a couple of articles in Cosmopolitan that give good advice about how to treat your girlfriend and they can be very useful to read. It also give some good recommendations of the latest romance novels.

I really believe reading a book or magazine is a really good relaxation technique because it gets you away from your day to day life and into the life of the novel or magazine you chose to read. Books and magazines can also give you helpful advice for your own life.

3 comments:

Eddie Snyder said...

Good perspective on life outside of work/school.

Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Abba

Amy Kronish said...

I loved DaVinci Code. It combines so much - history, religion and romance!! This is a great blog! I also saw your comment on my blog. It's nice that we both enjoy Israeli film also!

Anonymous said...

I agree that reading is a great way to relax. I'm reading two books now that transport me to other places and it's like a vacation in my chair. Currently, I'm reading "John Adams" by David McCullough which I view as almost poetic, almost lyrical in its writing style and story telling - even though it's not fiction. I'm also reading "Ghost Wars" by Stephen Coll (I think) which is about the CIA's war in Afghanistan from the Soviet invasion to Sept 10, 2001. Gripping and chilling. I loved both DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons! Can't wait to what you'll be reading next! And you have to tell me about WALL*E - - is it worth seeing?