Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Most Recent Book Finished



I just finished reading The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown and like Angels and Demons which I read I could not put it down. Dan Brown wrote two unique novels. These two novels are unique because they have the element of mystery combined with religious symbolism as well. While reading these novels I often felt that I was reading a mystery that was based on complete truth. I sometimes forgot that these novels were fiction and that the organizations mentioned in the novels are not actually real. I also really like Dan Brown because he broaches topics in these books that are contraversial to people passionate about Christainity and he is not afraid to do so.

The DaVinci Code takes place in Paris, France and discusses a very important document in religious history. I do not want to go into specifics about the plot because that would spoil the book. Sufice it to say this novel goes through twists and turns about a very important topic in Christainity. If you are interested in mysteries that are unique and have a twist I highly recommend this book. It also has the aspects, interpersonal relationships and betrayal.

Angels and Demons while somewhat similar to The DaVinci Code is also quite different. This novel incorporates mystery and mixes with religion with science. Angels and Demons takes place in Italy mostly and discusses a brand new scientific invention that has profound religious implications. I highly recommend this book as well.

You do not have to read these books in any order but read both. I guarantee that you will not be able to put them down.

No comments: